Tuesday 4 July 2017

Small Scale Sci-Fi Blog

Hi!

Following my previous two posts, I've decided to start a blog dedicated to all things 15mm Sci-fi.


SMALL SCALE SCI-FI GAMING is going to contain weekly updates of new 15mm sci-fi  releases as well as lots of pics showcasing all manner of 15mm goodness as well as terrain making, converting and battle reports and lots more.

To get the ball rolling, I've posted a showcase of the Ghoulani Enslavers which used to be available from 15mm.co.uk.

Ghoulani!

Back to Farpoint news, the Ghoulani are going to be some of the local troublemakers of the region. Everyone needs some dodgy aliens who have a hobby of kidnapping random hicks and probing them while mutilating their Grox herd.

Villainous Experimentation!

I've still got a fair few left to paint and will be adding some drones, ghoulish experiments and vehicles to the force to give me a decent little skirmish force to pester the inhabitants of Farpoint.

I've also got a new NPC for Farpoint:

Thorian Swordsmaster

Thorians hale from beyond the border of the Imperium and are a gregarious lot who sell their services as hired muscle. They are ferocious and skilled assault troops who glory in battle and celebrate by quaffing vast quantities of alcohol. Armed with a massive Power Sword, Ulf the Bold is currently in search of gainful employment and has already butted heads with both law enforcement and the local gangs of Freeport City.

Despite being a bit of a barbarian, he still has a firm sense of right and wrong and following an unfortunate incident when a local gang leader tried to extort Ulf's favourite tavern, resulting in the place being trashed and the gang leader and several goons finding themselves suddenly missing heads.

I'm hoping to add some more NPCs in the coming weeks, not to mention some more urban scenery to give me some dingy streets for folks to fight over!

5 comments:

  1. Another great post - those Ghoulani look great. I must admit, I tend to swerve 15mm.co.uk minis mostly, I find the casting a bit ropier than I can be bothered to fix. These look great though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest, the sculpts are pretty ropey and it's taken me almost ten years to summon up the enthusiasm to paint them.

      With a bit of conversion (mostly smoothing off the sculpts) they actually look quite good. I actually surprised myself when the first one was painted!

      I'm also trying to work through all my unpainted 15mm stuff before I go mental and buy more gubbins. Fortunately I don't have too much unpainted lead in 15mm scale as there's some really good stuff I want to pick up!

      All the best!

      Delete
  2. Very nice and now I am tempted to get my 15mm Sci-Fi out..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them!

      I'll be adding a lot more bits and bobs over the coming weeks too, including a battle report or two!

      All the best!

      Delete
  3. Those gave come out great. Love the twist on the "traditional" Greys look.

    ReplyDelete